Woodrow Wilson was one of two junior high schools that opened in the fall of 1915. The doors opened with a faculty of 10 teachers and 259 students. It was a time when Davis Island was only a swamp and Palma Ceia and Hyde Park were new communities of growing families. The school mascot is the bulldog, and the school colors are red and blue. Each day the school begins with a bugle playing the “Morning Call” and ends with the “Evening Call.” The principal of Woodrow Wilson is Colleen Faucett; Assistant Principals are Nick Tanis and April Gillyard.