Mitchell Henry School
Drag box to select area
Named after Florida's sixteenth governor, Henry Mitchell Elementary School was built in 1915. Henry Laurens Mitchell was an attorney, judge and politician. After fighting for the Confederacy in the Civil War, Mitchell was appointed to the Florida Supreme Court. After his tenure as governor, Mitchell returned to Hillsborough County where he was elected clerk of the circuit court. With a hint of Mission Revival style architecture, Mitchell school is an example of the use of revival style elements in Tampa. Mitchell Elementary school has been designated a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the U. S. Department of Education. The Blue Ribbon Schools Program recognizes high quality instruction in schools. Architecturally, the character of the school's front entry is striking and sets it apart from other area schools. Joanne Baumgartner is principal of Mitchell Elementary; the assistant principal is Debbie Anderson.
205 S Bungalow Park Ave, Tampa, FL 33609
- Fax: 813-356-1662
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- Accessible: yes