Henry B. Plant Museum
The Henry B. Plant Museum is located on the campus of the University of Tampa in the old Tampa Bay Hotel. The mission of the museum is to preserve the turn-of-the-century history of Tampa and the Tampa Bay Hotel.
Self-guided audio tours, live tours and group tours are offered. You may take pictures in the museum, but flash photography is not permitted. The lighting is low in most areas, so be prepared if you plan to take photographs.
There is a gift shop on the premises, and you need not pay admission to the museum to shop. Museum memberships are available.
Ongoing events include the live theater, live guided tours and antique evaluation Saturdays.
Please visit the museum Web site or call for more information about group tours, including school tours, membership and the current schedule of events.
- Fax: 813-258-7272
- Hours: Tue - Sat, 10am - 5pm; Sun, noon - 5pm; Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp.
- Founding Date: 1933
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- What is an interesting historical or little known fact about this town?: Kennedy Boulevard was originally named Grand Central.
- Guided tours?: Yes
- Guided tour languages: English
- Audio tours?: Yes
- Audio tour languages: English
- Gift shop: Yes
- Cameras allowed?: Yes
- Membership levels: Individual