Thursday, Feb. 2
- A burglary was reported at 8025 Interbay Blvd. The culprit entered the residence through an unlocked window and stole a five-gallon plastic bottle half full of change.
Friday, Feb. 3
- Between Feb. 2 and Feb. 3, someone broke into Hyde Park Day School at 909 W. Horatio St. The culprit gained entry by breaking a flimsy plexiglass sheet used in place of a pane of glass on a window of the building. Reported taken were two laptop air cards and a portable CD player.
Saturday, Feb. 4
- A burglary was reported at 4005 W. El Prado Blvd. The culprit entered the residence by breaking a glass pane on a rear door. Reported taken were jewelry and a television.
- An auto burglary was reported in the parking lot of Walgreens at 3010 W. Gandy Blvd. When the victim returned to his Jeep Cherokee after shopping at the store, he found the culprit inside the car rummaging through his daughter’s purse. The victim called 911, and the culprit was apprehended a short distance away.
Sunday, Feb. 5
- A burglary was reported at 210 S. Moody Ave. The culprit entered the quadruplex apartment bulding thorough an unlocked back door and stole a Trek bicycle valued at $550 that was cable locked to a banister inside.
- An auto burglary was reported at 3206 W. Azeele St. The culprit pried open the door of the vehicle and stole a backpack containing an iPad and a loaded Smith & Wesson 9mm gun.
- A burlgary was reported at 3408 W. Tacon St. The culprit entered an open garage and stole a bike, leaving another bike in the driveway.
- An auto burlgary was reported at Best Western Hotel, 734 S. Dale Mabry Hwy. The culprit broke into the vehicle and ransacked the interior without taking anything.
Monday, Feb. 6
- An auto burglary was reported at , 533 S. Howard Ave. The culprit stole a GPS from an employee’s Jeep Wrangler.
- A burglary was reported at 2011 W. Horatio St. The culprit entered an open garage and stole an Electra beach cruiser bike. But she was chased on foot by the homeowner who caught up with her and recovered the bike. The culprit was then taken into custody by Tampa Police officers.