Updated, 10:39 a.m.:
The following Hillsborough County roads are closed, officials announced just before 10:30 a.m. Monday:
- Hillsborough Avenue from Hanley Kelly Road to the Veterans Expressway
- Hanley Road from Hillsborough Avenue to Hanna Avenue
- Memorial Highway from George Road to Dana Shores Drive
- Twin Branch Acres Road along Double Branch Creek
- West Park Village Drive
- Ehrlich Road at Winterwind
- Knollwood at Hesperedes
- West Powhattan from Town 'N Country Boulevard to the west
- Brunswick Road from Hillsborough Avenue to the south
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is urging motorists to stay attentive on the rain-soaked roads today as Tropical Storm Debby continues its effects on the region.
Motorists are reminded that:
- High water on roads will quickly stall motor vehicles.
- Most trucks and four-wheel drive vehicles are susceptible to begin swept away by high water.
- Vehicles approaching intersections with broken traffic lights should treat that intersection as a four-way stop.
Drivers are also urged to stay attentive to flooded areas. "If you are approaching a flooded roadway, turn around and take an alternate route," the news report advises.
The following areas of concern have been noted, with an update expected to be sent after 8 a.m., according to sheriff's spokesman Larry McKinnon.
- Winterwind Drive and Autumwind Court — Flooding
- Crooked Lane and Half Moon Circle — Downed Power Lines
- Dolphin Drive and Bonito Street — Downed Tree
- Harney Road and Davis Road — Downed Tree
- 7306 Ponderosa Drive — Power lines down
- East Clay Avenue and Seffner/Valrico Road — Power lines down
- 2832 Anthony Street — Power lines down and trees blocking road
- 711 Millifold Place — Tree Down
- U.S. Highway 301 and Causeway Boulevard — Traffic signals not working.
- West Hillsborough Avenue and Sawyer Road — Flooding
- Hanley Road, from Hillsborough Avenue — Flooding
- West Hillsborough Avenue and Halifax — Flooding
- West Powhatan Avenue and TNC Boulevard — Flooding
- Winter Oaks Lae and Carrollwood Village Drive — Flooding
- 9405 Roberts Road — Power pole leaning close to the road.
- Sunshine Skyway Bridge — Closed
- U.S. Highway 301 and Causeway Boulevard — Traffic lights not working.
- 618 College Ave. — Power lines down across 7th Street S.W.