This just in:
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue will hold an additional recruitment open house for those interested in applying for the new Reserve Responder Program. The Reserve Responder Program recently replaced Fire Rescue’s Volunteer Firefighter Program. Two meetings were previously held for interested candidates in December.
The highlights of the program include:
- fostering of volunteerism in Fire Rescue
- building a pool of eligible candidates for future employment
- opportunities for promoting workforce diversity
- full accountability with consistent staffing, training levels and experience
- enhanced safety and effectiveness through the addition of reservists to existing career crews
Through the Reserve Responder Program, volunteers who meet the minimum criteria are eligible to be a Reserve Firefighter I; Reserve Firefighter II; Reserve Firemedic I; Reserve Paramedic; Reserve Fire Officer; Reserve Specialist; or sit on the Reserve Advisory Committee.
Additional information and an application is available on the Fire Rescue webpages at: www.hillsboroughcounty.org/fire/.
Date: Thursday, Jan. 17
Time: 7 p.m.
Place: Hillsborough County Fire Rescue Headquarters, 2709 E. Hanna Ave., Tampa