The locations were chosen to accommodate city residents and workers, Buckhorn said.
The hot spots are:
- Tampa Municipal Office Building lobby
- Tampa City Council's lobby
- City Council's chambers
- Tampa Police Department lobby
- Lobby of the Development Services Center
- Conference room of the DSC
- Solid Waste Department lobby
Users should search for "COT Public WiFi" and agree to the terms, the story said. About $9,500 was spent on equipment and installation, and $5,000 more on Internet and software maintenance charges, the story said.
Other hot spots are being explored that include Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park downtown.
What do you think about the new Wi-Fi spots? What suggestions do you have for others? Tell us in the comments.