Two Mexican Restaurants Get Ready to Open in South Tampa, City Welcomes Urban Chickens, and More on Patch Last Week
Here’s a look back at some of last week's news and features.
1. Get Onboard and Help Give-A-Ton - Find out how you can help Feeding America Tampa Bay in its battle against hunger.
2. Yoga 101: Wow, That's HOT! - Heated yoga is not new to the yoga world. Let’s be real, modern yoga's roots are in South India, which is HOT.
3. Carmel Cafe to Open in South Tampa - The local restaurant chain will open its fourth location on West Swann Avenue this August and feature an iPad menu and lunch and dinner service.
4. Urban Cantina Looks to Cash In on South Howard Ave. - The popular downtown lunchtime eatery is expanding to South Howard in an attempt to garner night-time business and add another element to South Tampa's Mexican cuisine scene.
5. Catrinas Cocina Set to Bring Mexican Culture, Food to Palma Ceia - Two friends are combining their efforts to create a one stop shop for authentic Mexican cuisine and local art.
6. Tampa Welcomes Urban Chickens - The city council is paving the way for residents to raise their own cluckers.
7. Tampa Lawyer Donates $2,000 to Make Roads Safer for Bicyclists - SWFBUD member donated $2,000 to Tampa Police for more "Share the Road It's the Law" decals to be applied on Tampa Police cruisers' rear windows.