Sept. 11, Paul Ryan, Fashion and More on Patch This Week
Here is a look back at the news and events on South Tampa Patch this week.
1. 9/11 Remembrance Focuses on Banning Islamic Groups From Hillsborough County Schools--A Sept. 11 remembrance ceremony focused on banning the Council on American-Islamic Relations from Hillsborough County Schools.
2. Paul Ryan to Visit Oldsmar This Weekend--The Republican vice presidential nominee plans a visit to Tampa Bay on Saturday.
3. School Board Adopts New Policy for Transferring Student Athletes--Athletes won't be allowed to play sports for a year after transferring schools.
4. CAIR Advocates, Opponents Rally at Hillsborough County School District--The rally was organized by Hillsborough County conservative groups to protest the school board's policy permitting groups such as CAIR to speak at public schools.
5. The Right Fit Foundation Announces $5,000 Scholarship For Tampa Area High School Students--Hillsborough and Pasco County college bound students are invited to apply.
6. Bespoke & Co. To Host Exclusive Women's Fashion Event--A custom tailored clothing company based in South Tampa will be hosting an exclusive women’s fashion event at their showroom next Thursday.
7. Fashion Week Tampa Bay is Here!--The fifth annual week dedicated to Tampa's sense of fashion kicked off yesterday.