Father's Day Ideas, Soccer at Local Pubs and More on Patch This Week
Here is a look back at some of the news and features from this week on South Tampa Patch.
1. Fathers Day: What to Do in South Tampa — Patch's rundown of Father's Day offerings in the South Tampa area. From a day at the history center to a night out of fine dining we've got you covered.
2. It's Safe to Swim at Davis Island Beach Again — A health advisory issued for swimmers at Davis Island Beach has been lifted, officials said Wednesday.
3. Should Peter O. Knight Airport be Renamed? — Davis Islands' public airport is the target of a citizens group that want to rename the facility.
4. Plant High Football Has a 'Tsunami' in the Backfield — In addition to an already stout offensive line, the 2012 Plant Panthers will have a force of nature in their backfield — junior fullback Tommy "Tsunami" Rhee.
5. Local Pubs Benefit From European Soccer Championships — Four Green Fields and MacDinton's SOHO are South Tampa's hot spots for every kick of Euro 2012.
7. Meet the Owners: Creative Destruction — Patch caught up with local business owners Cameron Barbas and Daniel Fernandez to discuss how the pair have built their own clothing line.