Here's some information to mark on your calendar about the upcoming primary election from officials at the Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections:
- The last day to register to vote or change your party affiliation for the primary election is Monday, July 16.
- The Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections will be open until 7 p.m. on Monday to accept new voter registration applications and party changes.
- Anyone who wants to register to vote or change their party affiliation can do that at any supervisor of elections office, public library or driver's license office. New voter applications and change of party registration must have a July 16 postmark or be delivered to any elections office by 7 p.m. on Monday, July 16.
- Florida is a 'closed primary' state, so only voters who are registered with a political party can vote for their party's candidate.
- All registered voters, regardless of what party they are affiliated with, can vote for judicial candidates, school board candidates, etc.