Marijuana Plant, No-Kill Policy, and More on Patch Last Week
Here’s a look back at some of last week's news and features.
1. Is Tampa Bay Worthy of the BeerCity USA Title? - A campaign is afoot to take the honor away from three-time champ Asheville, NC.
2. How Can We Save 90% of Animals at the Shelter? - Hillsborough County is moving toward adopting a no-kill policy.
3. Coast Guard Ends Search for Missing Paddleboarder - Jeffrey Comer, 50, of Harbour Island, was last seen leaving his apartment with his paddleboard Saturday. The board washed ashore in Manatee County later that night with his personal belongings.
4. Yoga 101: Chakravakasana, Sun Bird - Chakravakasana is such a pretty name, and when done with grace and breath will provide many benefits, too.
5. Elderly Woman Scammed in Tampa - Lisa Timmer, Neighborhood Affairs Liaison for Tampa Police Department, warns folks to be on the look out for these types of crimes.
6. Marijuana Plant Discovered Across Tampa Police Department Headquarters in Downtown Tampa - A marijuana plant was found in a city planter near Tampa Police Department headquarters in downtown Tampa.
7. Tampa Police Launch Crime Mapping Website - The tool also creates a new way for citizens to report crime tips online.