Plant High Going to Nationals, $16,250 Reward Offered, and More on Patch Last Week
Here’s a look back at some of last week's news and features.
1. Plant High School Freshman Girls Win Florida State Championship for Rowing, Team Going to Nationals - Plant High School will participate in the National Scholastic Rowing Association Championship Regatta in New Jersey at the end of May.
2. Davis Islands Restaurant Pink Flamingo Cafe Closes - The breakfast-and-lunch eatery had been open at its 304 E. Davis Blvd. since 2003.
3. Yoga 101: Table, Cow and Cat Postures - Nourish the body and spine with Cat and Cow postures.
4. FCAT Passing Scores Lowered; What's Your Take? - The passing grade for Florida's standardized writing test has been lowered by an emergency rule, keeping the failure rate basically unchanged.
5. When Kids Behave Badly at Restaurants, What Should Happen? - A sign at a Tampa area pizza restaurant warns parents they'll be asked to leave if their kids act up. What's your take?
6. Bayshore Crash Victim Taken Off Life Support - Michael Agana, the teen who crashed into the Hillsborough Bay last week, was taken off life support, according to ABC Action News.
7. $16,250 Reward Offered in Attack on MacDill Serviceman - A law firm, a local church and two private citizens have posted the reward money for information that leads to the arrest of suspects accused of violently robbing a soldier Sunday in South Tampa.