President Obama Comes to Tampa, Wildfires Caused Smoky Smell, and more on Patch Last Week
Here’s a look back at some of last week's news and features.
1. Bostick is Plant High Football's Last Line of Defense - The Panthers will have plenty of new faces in the defensive secondary in 2012, but one will look familiar — rising senior Paris Bostick, who missed several games last year.
2. Greetings from Your (Semi)-New South Tampa Patch Editor - An introduction from Alessandra Da Pra, your (semi)-new editor.
3. Want to Blog on South Tampa Patch? - It's now easier than ever to post on Patch, so what are you waiting for?
4. Help Patch Fight Hunger in Tampa Bay - In partnership with Feeding America Tampa Bay, South Tampa Patch and its 18 sister sites kicked off the Give-A-Ton Food Drive to benefit our friends and neighbors throughout the area.
5. Help Robinson High Girls Basketball Win New Uniforms - The Lady Knights are finalists in an online contest by Allen Sportswear that will provide a complete uniform sponsorship to the winning team.
6. Wildfires Cause Smoky Smell Today - A total of 97 wildfires burnt in the state, causing a heavy dose of smoke in the Tampa Bay area.
7. President Obama to Stop at Port of Tampa Tomorrow; What Would You Ask Him? - President Barack Obama visited the Port of Tampa on his way to Colombia for the Summit of the Americas.