5 Things to Do This Weekend
Patch picks the best happenings in the area this weekend, March 31-April 1.
1. “Focus on Females” Women’s Healthcare Symposium is from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Tampa Convention Center, 333 S. Franklin St. This event offers 20 different medical seminars given by recognized, specialist physicians, who will answer personal health questions in simple terms in a relaxed and comfortable environment. The event also includes exhibits, fitness classes, chair massages and health screenings. Free admission.
2. Watch amateur and professional races, enjoy bike polo and roller derby demos, browse through sports, health and wellness expos, and savor fare from some of your favorite food trucks at the fourth Annual Cigar City Brewing Criterium and Street Festival in and around Lykes Gaslight Square, 410 N. Franklin St., from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday. Free admission.
3. Don't miss Reels on the Rooftop from 7:30 p.m. to midnight Saturday. Actor Keith David will be in attendance for his 1982's The Thing, a horror flick getting its own unique showcase in a temporary drive-in theater constructed atop the Hyde Park Village parking garage D at 785 S. Oregon Ave. The event is part of the Gasparilla International Film Festival. Tickets start at $10.
4. Festa Italiana takes place from 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Sunday in Centennial Park at 1600 E. 8th Ave. The event includes more than 30 restaurants and caterers, entertainment, grape stomping presentation, cooking demonstrations and contests. Admission is $5 at the door.
5. Pets About Town at MacDinton's is from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Bring your four-legged friend to the pub at 405 S. Howard Ave. and enjoy drink specials such as $2.50 Blue Moon bottles. All dogs must be leashed.