Knowledge is Power Lunch. Managing Benefits with Web Based Solutions
DATE & TIME:
Thursday, April 12, 2012, 11:30 a.m.-noon networking and noon-1:00 p.m., lunch program
The Tampa Club, 101 East Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 4200, Tampa, FL 33602
As 2014 approaches and health care reform evolves, many employers will turn to web-based enrollment solutions to satisfy upcoming compliance obligations. Very few, however, will stop to consider the liability that comes with managing enrollment in carrier contract agreements, based on coverage being offered.
Presenters will address:
- The rapid expansion of the web-based enrollment market and it’s history.
- The risks and liability that come with vendor selection.
- Important questions HR managers and companies should ask in evaluating system capabilities and the potential risk associated with systems in general.
- Important regulatory requirements that every HR executive should know.
- Processes and technologies that can be put into place to help HR and organizations better manage healthcare reform mandates.
- How technology can help to ensure compliance with executed carrier contract verbiage.
- Common carrier rules and eligibility requirements that, if not accounted for, can leave corporations exposed.
- How to define “payroll integration”.
Join us for this USI Insurance Services event featuring:
Kim M. de la Parte, executive vice president at USI Insurance. She draws on 30 years of management experience and brings critical knowledge and objectivity necessary to obtain the maximum value for her clients’ benefit dollars. Kim provides the expertise to navigate the maze of insurance companies, plans, rates, regulations and tailor an employee benefit package that meets the needs of both the employer and employees.
Summer Hamilton, vice president of sales at BeneTrac, overseeing national distribution, in addition to managing the development of strategic relationships with key carriers. Based in Tampa, Hamilton works with carriers, brokers, human resources professionals, and benefits administrators across the country to help them migrate from traditional paper-laden or other less automated systems to benefits management technology.
Scott Segal, USI’s in-house ERISA Counsel, focused on educating and helping clients stay compliant with benefits laws and providing assistance with specific legal questions (from HIPAA to COBRA, discrimination, privacy and others). He has over 15 years of experience in human resources law, encompassing ERISA, employee benefits, labor and employment and compensation. Before joining USI, Segal was in private practice at several large law firms.
$20 for guests and $16 for Tampa Club Members
USI is the third largest insurance employee benefits brokerage firm in the United States. A growing and diversified insurance and financial services firm, a singe source for all of your insurance, risk management, benefit consulting and financial services needs. USI is locally based, with a team of knowledgeable and accessible staff, backed by the resources of nationwide partners. For more, please call 800-277-5185 or visit www.usi.biz
To register for this event, please call the Tampa Club at 813-229-6028 or email rsvp@theTampaClub.com